29.11.11

Not into you like THAT

You were that girl that approached me
Didn’t feel even the dead butterflies flying in my tummy, from there on I knew something wasn't right
Serenaded me with words that almost spoke to my heart
Sang to me tunes that almost made my source of life leap with joy

Whispered to my ear words that almost made me want you
I concluded almost is all that could ever define what you were to me
Was rather curious than in love
Lust can't have been what drew me to you as you bore none of the physical traits that would make my clitoris go mad, but you played with words so professionally my poetic being was almost hooked
I became in like with what you had to say I figured, had the right things to say in the way at the right timing
But to you things were different
I was the girl of your dreams
The one equipped with words that made your heart feel at home
You fell in love with me
You longed for my lips to lay of yours, yearned for my arms to hold you, wished that we'd one day walk in the park holding hands and I'd whisper sweet careless words to you, crossed your fingers so tight hoping that life would intoxicate me so bad I'd say I love you
I must have inadvertently led you astray
You were almost buried in my soul I knew I had to save you
Woke me up with words of greetings, said to me words I always failed to say back but you were patient, hoping this was just a temporary disability
It couldn't have been that I was deaf to the words, but always excused me saying I needed time
Time passed and it became less of what you needed to give me
You demanded of me to either glue you to me or set you free
Can't say your words never made me weak but they never made me want to surrender to you

I was after all property of another being, had no intentions of opening myself to anyone else as my heart was already wholly owned by another soul and I loved the owner
You became more of a girlfriend, I got confused, could I really have led you astray?
Involved ourselves in quarrels with one another I didn't appreciate
Whatever I might have secretly wanted from you, this wasn't it
Wasn't woman enough to tell you no more shall we communicate as though we are intimately intertwined, I decided to give you space you never requested
Felt the gap and you screamed
Screamed so loud I still wanted none of what you were willing to offer
Pleaded with me to say to you how you could have wronged me so you could seek redemption so we could be 'okay' again
Still cowardice of me I said no words
Felt you slowly drift away, I rejoiced but with every step you took back you reminded me of how much in like you were with me, how much you missed those funny stupid conversations we used to have and how much you miss me
Kinda missed you too but not in a way you would appreciate
Figured it might have been those funny stupid conversations that led you to what you are now - lonely and agonized
Days came and passed and I made no contact with you
You finally spoke with me in frustration "Please tell me if you lost interest in me" you asked

Let’s just be friends....I asked