2.11.11

The TEST

It came like a hurricane, without a warning and shattered our lives

We felt that what we had would end when what we built together came to an end
We cried to the Lord more than we cried to and for ourselves

This test couldn’t have been permitted by God as it seemed too heavy to bear
We got a glimpse of what Job endured

It felt like we were carrying an elephant on our backs and we couldn’t help but fall on our knees
So tempted we were to give in but the more we fell on our knees the more we wept to the Lord

Have never seen you so hopeless; never saw you cry so hard
Tried to act Chuck Norris and shed no tear until I realised just how angry I was at God the more I kept the tears within me

Could’ve have easily remained in the battle of faith and fight for us had it not been my blood that dragged you to the vultures but faith held me on
Couldn’t sob openly as I felt obliged to keep strong as I was after all partially responsible for your “fall”

How could I shed a tear for what had come to pass if the clan I belong to plotted what they called your “fall” from the onset?
In the midst of tears, you still referred to me as your own

Amidst your anger and disappointment, you still referred to me and you as US
Couldn’t help but cry when you still spoke of our future in the midst of our present that had just fallen

Together we battled for faith, incessantly prayed that our faith be increased
Faith was the only weapon we had against enemies who plot our fall daily

Our lives had to change and you had to leave me
Had to now be accustomed to days that didn’t include my seeing of you, your voice became all that would keep me warm at night

Memories of you became the arms that held me to sleep; visions of you became my kiss goodnight
We now battled for a thing greater than faith, we prayed for our love to be strong and carry us through

We saw ourselves blossom in tears, secretly rejoiced that we had encountered such as test as it had taken our love to a level impossible had we not been tested
We salute the test as I gave to life unity this world can’t fathom out


                                                                       © Sizakele Phohleli 02/11/2011