21.9.11

Hello

I had already started on the Get-Over-YOU marathon
All was going according to plan till you sadly partook in the disruption of my race
I was seconds away from the finish line till you opened your beautiful mouth, & dragged me back to the starting point,
Obviously and intentionally making me number last in getting past this epic obstacle called ‘loving YOU’
Part of me is convinced that you are aware of the game you are playing with my heart and that every word you say is carefully picked to harm me; but another small part believes you are too kind and too human to play me like that
You said nothing of particular worth yet your words were sweet enough to make me long for you worse than the bee would crave a sweet substance
You could’ve been silent yet your breath would still have been potent enough to melt my iced heart
In your silence, however I would still find no comfort
You said a less than 10 letter word and you sort of rescued my sinking heart
All you said was ‘Hello’ and I was back at square one
Do you know what it took of me to be where I was with you?
To be in a state of mind that least entertains your existence
I vowed to mine self that I would not let you touch me in whatsoever way but you opened your mouth, it was as if I was touched by a million angels
My face lit, my heart was almost healed, my love for you was almost restored
A miracle would have happened had you said more than just ‘Hello’
Though your words were sweet, they still couldn’t reach my heart
Though your voice was more melodic than a piano, it still wasn’t a lullaby
The sad reality is that my fucked up, twisted state of happiness resides at the palm of your hand
My face enlightenment is still at the snap of your beautifully crafted fingers
Oh shucks I am in love with you
But oh my dear friend, you may still have the key to my heart, but locksmith said I can still change the locks