18.10.11

Foolish me

I without question believed that love would later follow, and paid no mind to your consistent tricks
I thought it all came as a package of loving you
I thought my countless efforts would one day make you feel my love and allow you to love me
I had to throw all the cautions to the wind; I had to give you the benefit of the doubt
I had to give you another chance; I forced open my heart to accommodate you
I thought you had made up your mind this time
That you were ready to move with me not against me
You got on to the field and played with my soul once more
My gullible soul believed that you would thread carefully on my already torn to pieces heart
This time you were serious about the game, fully armed to destroy me
You played me so professionally; your game was on point
Every turn you made was to put me to death
I smiled at you as you kicked my heart and scored me straight to the loser net
Thought I would survive when the crowd rejoiced against me
This time the knock was so hard I had to realise that loving you didn’t make me a better person
I followed your every lead, I went an extra mile for you but at last as expected you left me behind
Finally I faced the sad reality, the veil finally cleared from my eyes
All the signs were there so hating you would be a waste


                                                                           © Sizakele Phohleli 18/10/2011