18.7.12


The very hand she used to greet me hello

to pat me well done

to tell me right there

now stand before me pointing get gone

the very arms she wore while holding me tender

that kept me from insanity

that cured me from myself

now stand dangling from the roof

pending my decease

else they will mother my decease

The very lips she used to sing me mellow to my slumber

those very lips that found warmth

way between my thighs

way inside my soul

now stand open

to spit venom to the world that was once ours

when she used to care

The legs she wore when coming to my world

When stepping into my thoughts

the ones wide open on my bed

as we gave birth to our sons and daughters

now stand open on my neighbours counter

the very neighbour

who used to come for supper

maybe you were for supper