23.3.12

I am

Woke up today on some "I am what I am which isn't socially acceptable otherwise known as a lesbian" tip.
I am not trying to explain what I am so I can get people reading about my true identity, I say these things to myself so I can educate myself about myself because I too am learning to become what I am the best way I was fated to, if fate be the cause
I am not trying to go Lady Gaga on the world screaming I was born this way because I wasn't, I also won't say I have learned to become what I am through the world, selfishly pointing hate fingers to the world because I would hate to think that I am a product of someone's doing
I am what I am because I am and I feel no need to explain how it came about because I am not my past transgressions if you want to call it a sin, I am is the present, I will remain what I am is my calling to the future
I am not what I am because I have wounds of the past, I am what I am, this thing as you speak of it, because once upon a time a soul clothed in a woman skin blinded me by love that gender ceased to matter
I am what I am because I enjoy being what I am when the one who gave life to what I am, is loving me for it
I am what I am and if you must clothe me with labels, call me Lesbian
© S Phohleli 2012-03-23