22.3.12

Trip to the tattoo parlour
I have wanted a tattoo for too long but my Christianity couldn’t allow me. The bible is against that kind of stuff and I wasn’t about to test the heavens. It would be on my body forever and when I get to heaven the angels would call me the problem child and God would be mad at me, that was my story and it kept me away from the needle of the tattoo artist, and  my girlfriend was against it, maybe not really against it but she wasn’t for it either, she thought I was crazy, I already listened to funny music (she calls any kind of music she is familiar with funny) so getting a tattoo would confirm her suspicions and I wasn’t gonna drive my baby out the door because of my desires, Oh another being who I suspected would kick me out of her house (though I already had moved out of home) was my mom, a tattoo was satanic and getting it would give her a heart attack and I wasn’t about to lose my mom over a stupid desire.
The desire grew but I wasn’t gonna walk to that tattoo artist, it was not an option, I had to keep my mom alive and my girlfriend sane, there was a lot at stake so I didn’t entertain my selfish wishes, I got a wrist piercing instead, the guy who pierced me got it all wrong so I took it out after a few months but I gotta admit, it made me look hot (so it did serve its purpose), my desire for a tattoo remained and I knew one day would be the day I defy the heaven’s, risk my girlfriend’s sanity and my mom’s health, they weren’t gonna be that angry, after a while it would be long forgotten and life would be as we all know it, tattoo-less with a tattoo.

My mind finally made up, still had to run it by my girlfriend though but baby wasn’t gonna say no after doing what I had planned to please her, she says yes to everything when in that trance, I was gonna surprise my mom and ask for God’s forgiveness, I had to do it, I was old enough to make my own choices, that’s what mom always said on other aspects of life, this couldn’t have been an exception. I browsed the web trying to get an idea of what I wanted, I knew I didn’t want a picture, I wanted words and I knew that those words had to be to the glory of God and some up my life experiences. I decided on Love, Faith, Hope, Mercy and Grace and I knew where I wanted it, it was gonna be a wrist (somewhat) tattoo.
Just had to make an appointment, that’s all was left of me to do now after years on deciding, and had to convince myself that it wasn’t gonna be that painful (pushing it I know) and I finally took that long awaited walk (lol drive) to the tattoo parlour, sure of what I wanted and where I wanted it, it was the 15th of December 2011, my bonus was paid into my account, counted down to knock off time (as always) and I was physically ready.
The time finally came, with my friend by my side, I wasn’t gonna cry because she would make fun of me I decided. Walked in there with a million doubts but sure, it was too late the tattoo guy just left the lady at the counter said, asking us to come again tomorrow. Those words led to a long night, had to give myself the pep talk I gave myself the previous night. I wanted it, my skin might have been scared but my heart wanted it so bad. The morning came, my friend still there to hold my hand, and the tattoo artist was there this time, besides the funny fact that my tattoo guy and my friend were flirting disgustingly, it went well, not too painful but painful, and in 10 minutes he was done, I eventually decided on getting 3 words though and till today I have no regrets.

Love.Faith.Hope ... is what I ended up getting


Planning on getting the last 2 words soon

Mercy.&.Grace