27.3.12

SPACE

I, you, we, you and I shared space
Conquered by space we bonded
Involuntarily yet willingly I shared tales that led you to my world
You shared tales that define you; tales so interesting the ears of my heart were hooked
Laughed at jokes we shared inadvertently
We were not supposed to pleasure in each other like that
I had my reasons, you had yours, and we couldn’t now both defy what we were there for just so we could find bliss in each other’s tales, beautifully told
You we there, I was there, but we were not there together
Made a vow with myself to my inquisitive heart that it would be a “meet and greet” typa thing
Wasn’t gonna delight myself in your presence, it was against my reasons
You without uttering a word made me want to stay, your soul so angry yet calm lured me in
I had to listen to you speak, your voice had that much supremacy in me, we silently agreed to share space
The very space that led to what has now become of us – something undefined we became
Space overwhelmed us that we pleasured in our bodies untouched
Silently we conversed loudly, our bodies hungry to touch; we unsuccessfully fought the demons that shared space with us
We were possessed, prayer wasn’t gonna be our saviour, we didn’t want any kind of saving
We were about to be the fallen angels, that was of little gravity, we cared not
We indulged in ourselves; we spoke tales of cravings through each other in each other
We became a label yet to be defined through the space we shared

©S Phohleli 2012-03-27