22.3.12

I still feel the cold of yester night
Words of loss still echoing in my mind
Faces of change still piercing my soul as though they were shared a minute ago
Fights resisting change left bruises on my heart
Rolling on that king sized bed wishing you were there to play hide and seek under the sheets with me
Can still feel the kisses you showered me with yester-week; I almost kiss myself
Your scent haunts me every time
I feel troubled and am constantly haunted by the visions I see in the mirror, I used to be happy
Thunders come at night fall, I have nobody to hold so I cry
The colds of winter are crawling closer I almost feel the cold, I have no one to cuddle with so I grieve for your loss
Our home is so empty I have conversations with myself I almost feel insane
I see you in everything I do, hear you in all the songs, I must really be losing it
I say the things you used to say to me, do the things you did so well on me, crack to myself the jokes you once shared but I am not you
I see the traces of your touch on my skin I tremble with loneliness, I call for death as if it were a friend
Pain has held us enslaved,
Loneliness provides no comfort but we both feel it so I smile
I call for you so loud I almost hear you call for me, I have lost my sanity
So far we are from one another life has led us to solitude, but we are connected, connected through pain so I'm thankful
My phone rings but it's not you calling, I throw it against the wall, I have become aggressive
Knocks on the door but it's not you so it goes unanswered, I stopped caring
Slapped with smiles from strangers as though they can see my torment, I don't smile back because they are not you
Touches, kisses and hugs from those around but I cringe with irritation as none of those come from you
Loneliness I endure with passion as it is the only thing we both share
My life filled with emptiness
Pain chewing every emotion in me
I call for death as if it were a friend

© S Phohleli 2012-03-22