20.3.12

Words set free

You
Remembered me
You
Have counted the days of our familiarity
You
Sat on that corner of sadness awaiting that moment when all that's within you would be unleashed
You
Tried so hard to play normal but love led you to extraordinary
You
Fought the emotions that entertained my existence until you were drained
You
Sought refuge in me as you let known to me all that's found home in you
You
Serenaded me with words so beautiful
I
Was lost for words
I
Waited for that moment when you would scream 'I'm joking' and set me free from this worry
I
Read every word you said, digested every alphabet, danced to every emotion you laid on me
I
Shivering with the fear of possibly losing all that you have became to me, searched for the appropriate words to say
I
Knowing that I belonged to another world knew I had to put to sleep all that you had dreamed of us
I
Carefully planned every word to say to you just so I couldn't hurt you any further
Immune to pain and sadness you said you were but
I
Knew that saying all that I had to say would cut through the immunity and hurt you beyond what words could express
I

Finally set free the words seeking release within me and spoke words of disappointments
 I
felt your heart sink in anguish

©S Phohleli 2012-03-20