5.4.12

Washed away

We didn't really talk about your moving away
But I felt it was gonna happen, the way things were going on I felt the brutal cold piercing breeze of change nearer
The storms came and washed you away from my sight
I cry for your return when the night falls, linger for your touch at noon, yearn for your presence always
Now things aren't the way they used to be
I feel robbed, I feel lonely, and I feel lost
There are so many things I wish I could say
So many wrongs I want to make right
So many opportunities of loving you I want to make most of
Too many could haves, would haves, should haves
But now you are gone
We are only connected by the wires of the phone, and that’s just not fair
Been gone too long that even your scent has departed from the sheets
The shadows of your smiles are fading away
'cause you are gone

© S Phohleli 2012-04-05