10.4.12


The words you say to me make me want to cry, not because they hurt me but because I haven’t reached a stage of realizing my worth in this life and you make it sound as if I am worthy, you say to me words so impactful I almost feel important, you knowing my bare state, speak of me as someone worth paying attention to, as if I matter. You make me take pleasure in all that I have been through, not because they have stopped hurting but because you make it sound as if you would care for me even if I have encountered worse trials. You make me feel beautiful, like I breathe flawlessly, you make me feel relevant as if someone would cry if I ceased to breathe, as if you would cry if I stopped breathing, you make me feel like I matter as if people would stop and listen if I spoke, you make me pleasure in the body I live in, scarred and broken as it is, you make me feel somewhat important