2.4.12

Hard to read you are

You are so fickle
you whine, you cry, you snap
I'm tired of being pained and expected to make you smile
how do you become the reason to my misery and expect me to be your hero?
Constantly stoning me with faces of disapproval
Pushing me against the wall
bashing me with silent treatment
Raping me with words intended to kill
Yet you expect me to be your knight in shining armour
You confuse me so much I think you confuse yourself
I look through the windows of your soul
To educate myself about the mysteries of confusion and pain that have found residence in you
I grow weary of constantly trying to look through that heavy moisten window
Can't seem to follow you I'm certain you too are lost in your own path
Words I utter never seem to complete their task in you as you close up and counter unnecessarily
I, in frustration try to force my way through the dusty window but words painful, acts piercing are hurled at me
I grow weary trying to dodge the bullets of your words thrashing my soul in two
It's become so cumbersome to have to cautiously count the words I say to you
Have made me believe I live my life under interrogation and that doesn't please me whatsoever


© S Phohleli 2012-04-02