4.5.12

Father why have you forsaken me?

Every day I think of you. Pray for you, almost pray to you asking you to make things happen for me, maybe it's because I feel you are closer to the source of my answers, that's what my grandma told me.
Every day I smile because of you, you have made a habit of visiting my thoughts, sometimes it hurts as thoughts of you are the only connection I have with you
I talk about you to my friends, brag about your greatness; tell them how much of life you have taught me
Still can't come to terms with the fact that you no longer are accessible to me, that no technology can connect me to you, denial is the only way of keeping you alive.

You left too soon, before I got my first salary, just a few months before I could take you out, buy you a jersey since you hated the cold, buy you a packet of cigarettes and buy you a carton of umqombothi.
Every day I wish you were here, in every storm I wish you were there to talk me into holding on, sometimes I feel lonely, sometimes I feel scared, I have no father to run to because you left me.

Without a warning you up and left and left no letter of explanation, never knew if you fought to stay, I saw life drain life off of you but still you should have stayed just so you can tell me how proud of me you are.
I was there when you laid on that bed fighting for your life, walked miles from school just to see that you still were there, just to make sure they gave you something to eat, gave you water to drink and bathed you but you neglected to tell me you wouldn't fight any longer, did you even fight?

I have grown, a woman now, I think you’d be proud if you saw me, maybe you do see me and are proud; I have so many questions, no one to tell me wise words, so much confused I am. Mommy can't teach me about women as much as you would, sometimes I mess up good relationships because I don't always know how to hold on and how to spot something good, sometimes I need tips on how to ask for forgiveness when I have erred when words aren't enough. Sometimes I just want tips on how to care and respect women better and sometimes I need a pat on the shoulder when I have done well. Sometimes I want to sit in your presence, do my work while you tell me to stop fighting with my younger brother; you always hated it when we fought.

Sometimes I wish you'd show yourself, just to confirm that you are looking after me, that you haven't completely left me, all I need is a sign (nothing drastic as I will probably run away), just something small to show that you still care and that I am still your favourite daughter.


Daddy, are you warm there?