4.5.12

That look


I love how you look at me
 As if you don’t want to look at me
As if you are scared I will catch you
But you stare so much that without seeing your eyes fixed on me, I feel you
I feel you, I hear you talking to me without the uttering of words
I feel you, I feel you touching me without any touching of skin
I love how you look at me as if you are scared of me
As if you are doubtful that I too find myself staring at you
Truth is I stare and fear that you too might catch me so I look away before you could see my weakness
I love how you call my name
As if it's music to your ears
Remedy to your ache
Your ray of hope
I love how restless we become before we meet
As if time is against us
As if, just to spite us, it stops
As if, to punish us, it pays no mind to our urges
As if we are better than time
As if we rival against the hands of time
Tick tock! Tick tock! Even time can't catch up to us
So me talk, you talk, we beat faster than time, so we talk tales leading to our epic union
We tick together against time
I love how you look at me
As if I am some Goddess you want to worship
As if I am some Empress you want to serenade with words only defining beauty
As if you breathe just for me
As if my heart beats just for you
I love how you look at me
As if you want to birth the poetic mistress within me
As if you want me to prove to myself for myself that I am worthy of all your affection
I love how you look at me
As if you can’t take your eyes off of me

© S Phohleli 2012-05-04